How cute is this button!!
Well since everyone was making the teacher toolboxes...I think I know what I will be doing soon! Seeing everyone's adorable tool boxes made me have toolbox envy!
Well....I already had another project started...and I just finished it!
Here is my inspirations....from Pintrest, of course!!
Sooo here is how I turned this....
Here is how I did it...step by BRUTAL step!
First I had to take everything apart, which was not hard at all! Then I tested the paint on the underneath side. To be honest...I was not so sure it would work! Well it did...so here's what it looks like after one coat of paint. I decided it needed another coat...so imagine it a little darker!
Then I painted the inside middles...if that makes sense?!?
I really wanted to make the part where the students put in their papers bright and colorful. Sooo I thought paper and modpodge! Look at that....not so pretty! My husband said...why don't you just paint it black. BRILLIANT!! I forgot to take a picture of that...so just imagine the part below...black!
Now for the brutal part! I covered the WHOLE thing in zebra duck tape (I got it from Michael's)! If only I would have know! This part took...DAYS!! I did each piece individually. It ended up using less tape, and I was able to keep it straighter.
This is the back...its covered on both sides so when you put the paper in it you see the zebra print.
Looking into it!
I am seriously in love with it! It was a LOT of work, but I loved the way it turned out! My husband keeps asking me to take it to the garage, because its in the middle of our tiny apartment living room! I just want to stare at it!! I love it and I am pretty proud of myself! So now I have check one of my summer to-do's off my list!!
Make sure you link up and show off your hard work!!!
I am off to Pintrest to decide on what I want to do for next Monday!!